9-1-20 - The child knew what was going to happen before it did.
- "Whatever you wish for will be given," said the witch.
8-1-20 - The nature of things is in the heart of things.
- A call from the wild sent sensations through the forest.
7-1-20 - "You were trained to ____________. What have you done?"
- "Watch for the signal. Then we start running."
6-1-20 - a magic seed that grew into ?
- a young boy was often told as he grew to "follow his heart." One night he dreamt of following his heart to discover what he wanted and where he was going. He actually found himself inside his heart and there was a path and a wizard within the heart's chambers waiting for him. Continue the story. What did he discover? How did the wizard help him?
5-1-20 - follow a trail of bird seed - what did you find? where did it end?
- proceed with caution; why?
- she carried her heart in her purse; one day she left it on a park bench - why? what happened? write the story.
4-1-20 - what if you couldn't speak? Describe how you express your love, your anger, your bliss without words
- eyes on the prize
- the wind blew ferociously, the flower petals fell on the grave, and I heard a whisper - what did it say and who said it?
3-1-20 - what would following your heart look like
- take a stroll through a park; write about what's most impressive to you and why
- a funny Easter
2-2-20 - "A strange thing happened the other day. I had a visitor which was utterly supernatural and scary, at first. He looked like someone I knew once, but no one came to mind. He gave me a note to read on wrinkled paper." (What did the note say?)
- describe a newborn
- a trip through the galaxies
1-1-20 - write about your first kiss
- what kind of disguise would you wear when you show up for a masquerade party?
- take a trip to the North Pole; what would that be like?
12-1-19 - What would you write if a stuffed animal, doll, or toy of yours came to life?
-What if your date took you to see a movie you hated from the start. Would you just up and leave the theater? Would you say anything to him/her?
-The night was chilly as I walked the lonely, deserted streets. The lights from the street lamps comforted me until suddenly they went out. Lights flickered in and out from lamps inside buildings and then everything went dark. A complete blackout. What do you do?
11-1-19 - Write a paragraph or story about "integrity."
-Alice leaned over the side of the boat pulling the rope towards her, trying to bring ______________back on board, but there was nothing at the end of the rope.
-He lay sprawled on the sidewalk and everyone just walked by.
-10-1-19 - How do you know when your heart is breaking?
- what fiend or friend climbed into your bedroom window?
- did you ever get in trouble for something you didn't do, because maybe you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or with the wrong person?
9-1-19 - the universe - it hiccupped, then it had bad indigestion, and then it went pop.
- write a story about a love you once had and why it was the best or the worst
- the boy kicked the metal bucket around the neighborhood, up and down the street, causing a racket - why? what happened? what was he feeling?
8-1-19 - I opened the cupboards. Empty. There was nothing to eat except a stale, molding bologna sandwich in the 'frig. This was the last house to find anything. "Where to next?" asked her robber friend. "I don't know. There's not another house on this road."
- Describe your bedroom in full detail.
- Write about your first kiss.
7-1-19 - What happens when taking a walk in the park or what do you see along the way?
- Are women equal yet? A paragraph or story of equality or inequality
- Write something about what a person you think dysfunctional might be
6-1-19 - Once there was a lion with a bellyache who ate too many people.
- Lying in the shade heated thoughts died, worries turned into ice cream, and sadness skipped away over the grass to make a home away from home.
- Turn your troubles of the day or a day in the past into a short story. Even one page or a paragraph is enough.
5-1-19 - Sulking in the woods
- A day of wonder
- What if you're driving or riding your bike and suddenly everything around you becomes unfamiliar and changed
4-1-19 - Something to think about: Fairy tales are more than true - not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. Write one page of a fairy tale.
- Write a story of loss (whatever type of loss you wish to write about)
3-1-19 - Write a short scene about a character who is caught in a storm. Why are they there? What happens?
- "And then all at once I wasn't dreaming anymore. I was awake, but I could still see her face, her lovely, brown face, with pigtails and an enormous smile that made me think she was real. She was right there in front of me and I knew then it was a sign, a good sign, of something happy to come."
1-31/2-1-19 - Use these four words in a paragraph: telegraph, pizza, key, water
1-18-19 - If you woke up one morning and found yourself in the Land of Oz traveling to see the Wizard, why are you going? What would be your request?
1-11-19 - You're seeing a snowfall for the first time. Describe it and how it makes you feel.
1-5-19 - You're eating breakfast and suddenly an apparition appears at your table. Who/what is it? Describe how it looks, if it speaks, and why it's there.